Someone asked us ‘what does it mean to Vote for Energy?’
It’s a good question that deserves a thoughtful answer. It’s true there isn’t a ‘Canadian Energy Party’ and ‘natural gas and oil’ will not be on the ballot when you cast your vote on election day.
We also understand that while you support a strong Canadian natural gas and oil industry and understand the positive benefits the sector provides, it may not be the number one issue that decides your vote – and that’s okay. There’s a lot going on these days…
But there are still ways you can Vote for Energy and support stronger Canadian communities. Here are some suggestions:
- Talk – if you have the opportunity – to your local candidate (from any of the parties) and let them know you support Canada’s natural gas and oil industry. Those who are opposed to the sector are often the loudest so it’s important when our elected officials hear from the quiet majority that supports responsible resource development.
- Listen closely when you hear people or organizations present simple solutions (‘no more fossil fuels’) to complex problems (like the global energy transformation) understand there’s always more beneath the surface. Progress is being made and we’re finding solutions in innovations like Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage that will make a difference.
- Learn more of the facts about energy issues, like how the industry supports 500,000 good Canadian jobs from coast to coast, how clean Canadian natural gas could displace coal in Asia which would lower global greenhouse gas emissions, or how the industry is one of the largest employers of Indigenous workers in Canada.
- Share these facts on your social channels and in conversations with friends and family, especially those who might not appreciate how vital this industry is to their lives and their communities; but the most important way to Vote for Energy and a stronger Canada is…
- VOTE! It’s a privilege to live in this country with all the freedoms we enjoy. So, let’s make sure we take advantage of our opportunity and cast our vote on September 20th
Thanks for taking the time to read and for your continued support of Canada’s natural gas and oil industries.